SandpiperCI not only runs its own chain of food convenience stores but we are also proud to work in partnership, on a franchise basis, with a number of Blue Chip retail brands from the UK.
The Channel Islands economies have grown significantly over the last two decades. With a combined population of just under 160,000 residents, a low tax and high disposable income environment, it is an attractive place to do business.
At the heart of our franchise development is our relationship with Marks & Spencer, which we are celebrating the 50th Anniversary of in 2017. We operate a full range of store formats covering all product areas in partnership with our M&S colleagues in the UK.
Over the last ten years we have built upon our knowledge and skill set in operating franchise stores and we have now developed an unbeatable track record in introducing established brands to the Channel Islands.
In 2009 we opened our first franchise stores with Costa Coffee & Iceland Foods. This was followed by the introduction of Hotel Chocolat & Cornish Bakery and in late 2011 we opened units with Crew Clothing & Jack Wills. In 2012 we were chosen as the first franchise location in the world for George, selling the full range of one of United Kingdom’s leading volume retailers. We operate units for all of these brands in both islands of Jersey and Guernsey. In 2015, we added Moss Bros into our portfolio. Our latest addition in mid 2016, is Burger King in Jersey and we are actively looking to expand this brand into Guernsey.
In January 2017 we announced that will be expanding our retail estate into the Isle of Man in early April 2017. We have reached agreement to buy the entire share capital of the trading division of Tynwald Mills, the Isle of Man’s only department store, comprising of 50,000 sq ft of retail business.
We now operate over 50 franchise locations and partner with 10 blue chip brands.
Our success is down to our understanding of the local marketplace and the skills and experience of our team. The SandpiperCI Operating Board all have significant experience at Director level with UK retailers.
Other major advantages of partnering with us are:
- We operate franchises for brands across most sectors of retail - Food, Clothing, Homeware, Food to go and Hospitality Retail.
- We also manage our own wholly-owned portfolio of food stores in a variety of formats and are the No 1 grocery retailer in the Channel Islands.
- We understand the local economies, have detailed consumer insights and know what will work in the islands.
- We are experts in local laws and regulations with well established contacts with authority and regulatory bodies locally.
- We have an established and pan island supply chain, warehousing and logistics support.
- We have an established functional infrastructure (finance, operations, legal, marketing, commercial, HR), which enables us to respond rapidly and hit the ground running.
- With developments strictly controlled, we maintain close contact with developers and agents, to ensure we are intimately aware of site availability and development opportunities.
- Talk to SandpiperCI, our successful experience in establishing high street brands in the Channel Islands is second to none.