Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at SandpiperCI, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. SandpiperCI is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our stores, use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
What information do we hold on you?
We collect details from you when you request a product, service, offers or news from us from our website, emails, telephone conversations, and written and verbal communication. We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you or which we receive from other parts of SandpiperCI.
What do we do with the information?
We will use the personal information gathered in our normal course of business primarily to provide the products, services, offers or news you have requested, and also for administration purposes:
• to confirm identification when you contact us
• to keep you informed of any special offers or promotions that we believe might be of particular interest to you
• to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable
• for credit assessment
• to review the conduct of and to administer/operate your accounts
• for statistical analysis, including automated techniques
• for record-keeping purposes
• for market research
• to track activity on our website
• to improve and monitor our customer service to you
• for the prevention of crime and fraud.
We may contact you by post, email, telephone for these purposes.
Disclosure of your information to service providers
In order to provide our products and services, we may need to pass information on to our agents and sub-contractors or appoint other organisations to carry out some of the processing activities on our behalf, such as mailing houses.
Transfer of your information outside the European Union
We may need to transfer your personal data outside of the European Union in order to provide you with the services and products you require.
Some of these countries may not have laws that protect privacy rights as extensively as in the European Union. If we do transfer your personal information to other territories, we will take proper steps to ensure that your information is properly protected.
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer, mobile phone or device. Cookies may be placed on your device when you visit a website or open a marketing email.
We also set third parties cookies to allow you to easily link to third parties you may be subscribed to, such as Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. We do not control these cookies and how your information may be used, so please visit the third parties’ websites for more information on these cookies.
Find out more information about our cookies.
Changes to our privacy policies
If we make any changes to our privacy policies, we will post the changes on our website.
Enforcing your rights
You have the right to make the following requests:
• Request a copy of personal information we hold about you
• Request us to update or correct personal data we hold about you
• Request the erasure of personal data we hold about you
• Request that we refrain from using personal data we hold about you for profiling (for marketing purposes, for example), or from using your personal data in any automated decision-making process
• Request that we stop processing personal data we hold about you
• Request that we transfer personal data we hold about you to a third party
• Report any breach of your rights as a data subject
Data requests can be made online via our enforcing your rights page.
In order for us to discuss your request further, we may require you to visit our stores with photographic id in order to verify you.