#Velvetiser Competition 2019 - Terms & Conditions
About the competition
1. The promoter of this competition is SandpiperCI Ltd, Traders House, 1 L’Avenue
LeBas, Longueville, St Saviour, Jersey JE4 8NB, for Hotel Chocolat, Jersey and Guernsey
2. SandpiperCI is a registered data controller with The Office of the Data Protection
Commissioner, Jersey (registration number 17303). We respect your right to privacy and
will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection
(Jersey) Law 2005 and other applicable privacy laws.
3. By entering the competition you agree to the below terms and conditions, to be bound
by the decisions of SandpiperCI and to receive email notifications SandpiperCI in relation to the competition.
Entering the competition.
4. The competition is open to entrants of all ages. Gibraltar residents only.
5. To enter simply like the page, like this post and comment in the selection below with #Velvetiser
before midnight on Sunday 29th September.
6.The competition is open to entrants of all ages. (Inclusive).
7. Employees or relatives of employees of SandpiperCI Ltd, (or
any other company And/or agency connected with this competition) are not permitted to enter.
8. #Competition closes Sunday 29th September 2019.
9. Only one entry per person.
Choosing the winners
10. An independent person will select one winner from entries all received which comply with entry requirements
specified in clause 5. The winner will be announced
publicly on Hotel Chocolat Gibraltar Facebook Page by Monday 30th September 2019.
11. Hotel Chocolat Gibraltar will ask the prize winner to submit their email address via private message.
If the prize winner does not respond to the private message with confirmation of the email address or delivery address by 8.00am on 30th October 2019 they will forfeit the prize.
12. One (1) winner will be selected to
WIN a #Velvetiser worth £99.99 from Hotel Chocolat, Gibraltar. The winning entrant is to pick up the prize at Hotel Chocolat, Gibraltar.
The winning entrant must be accompanied by guardian/parent.
13. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or
associated with Facebook. Facebook have no liability in respect of this competition. All
information you provide when you enter the competition is provided to SandpiperCI and
not to Facebook.
14. The prize is non-transferable,non-refundable and subject to availability. There is
no cash alternative.
15. SandpiperCI’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be
entered into regarding the outcome of the draw.
16. No responsibility will be taken for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected entries
or for any failure of communication resulting from in correctly supplied information.
17. SandpiperCI reserves the right to check the validity of any entry and the identity of
any entrant or winner and to refuse entry or refuse giving the prize if SandpiperCI
reasonably considers the entry and/or winner to be in breach of the terms and conditions
or to have otherwise acted in an inappropriate or deceitful manner.
18. SandpiperCI reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify
or supersede the competition if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the competition is
not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within
these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation,
a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond
the reasonable control of SandpiperCI that could corrupt or affect the administration,
security, impartiality or normal course of the competition.).
19. The names of the prize winners will be available by sending a stamped addressed
envelope within one month of the notification date to SandpiperCI Marketing,Traders
House, 1-3 L’Avenue Le Bas, Longueville, St Saviour, Jersey JE4 8NB.
20. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way SandpiperCI’s liability
for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. Subject to that, SandpiperCI shall
have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or
other entrant that is caused by: (a)technical problems of any kind which may limit or
prevent any person's participation in the competition; (b)any loss or damage arising from
or in connection with the allocation of the prize; (c)any act or omission of any third party;
or (d)any other events beyond SandpiperCI’s control that may cause the competition to
be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the prize.
21. If any of these terms and conditions is found by a court or regulator to be invalid or
unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply.
22. We will do our best to resolve any problems relating to the competition. This
promotion shall be governed by the laws of Jersey, Channel Island